Business Licenses

Business licenses are required in order to operate a business in Innisfail, and must be renewed annually. Yearly licenses are issued for the calendar year (Jan. 1 to Dec. 31). For more information on Town business licenses, please Click here to view the bylaw.


New & Renewals – Annual  Fees

Early application discount of $20 will be given for payment received by December 15, 2018.

A resident business is one in which the owner/operator lives in Innisfail, and/or the business establishment is in Innisfail.
Depending on the nature of the business license (i.e., subcontractors), anyone conducting business in the town will require a Town of Innisfail business license.
$100 (Resident)
$300 (Non-Resident)
A business license is required for all door-to-door salespeople.

Business License Application Download

Additional Information 

  • Go to Development Permits
    Any change to land or a building, either physical or in its use, is considered development. This includes change of use or intensity of use. Therefore, a Development Permit may be required if the startup of a business entails new construction or a change in use or intensity of use of present buildings. Contact the Town's Development Officer for more information.
  • Go to Building Permits
    If a new business requires a new building or additions to an existing building, a Development Permit and a Building Permit are required.