Adult & Senior Programs
Neighbours helping neighbours
Snow Angels help remove snow from the driveways and walkways of those who cannot, and provide an extremely valuable service to the community.
Strong Hands assist other members in the community with preparing for the Annual Large Item pickup, or just general help with moving heavy items.
Throughout the summer months many residents have trouble keeping up with basic lawn care including weeds, mowing, or gardening.
Do you need a hand? For more information please contact the Town's Recreation Program Co-ordinator, at 403-227-3376.
Do you have a hand to lend? Sign up to be notified when someone needs you!
Neighbourhood Block Party (May - September)
- It is a neighbourhood party organized and attended by people in your neighbourhood.
- The neighbours who want to take part either help organize, show up or both!
- Block Parties can be held in a number of different venues: on a neighbourhood street (street closure application applies) outside in a public park, inside a community hall, in a neighbour’s home, or a condo common area, to name a few.
- A Block Party can be a lot of fun and bring neighbourhood residents closer.
- Block Parties are sponsored by local businesses supplying free items to help make your party a success. Sponsorship
is limited and varies season to season.
How to Kick-start Planning a Block Party
- Start with printing off the Tool Kit below. Read the document and follow the party planning suggestions and application instructions.
- Use the Tool Kit suggestions and tools to reach out to your neighbours to create interest and ask for support.
- When neighbourhood has committed to a Block Party, complete the application and supporting documents. Submit your application package to the Town Office at least three weeks before your party date (this is to ensure enough time to process the application and street closure is required)
Perks of Throwing a Block Party
- Have fun while you see this social gathering bring neighbours closer.
- Neighbours knowing each other better opens the door to neighbourhood organized activities such as spring cleaning, snow shoveling, gardening, etc.
- Closer neighbours create safer communities and instill a sense of pride and belonging in your community.
Download the Block Party Toolkit below to start your application today:
For information on any of these programs, contact the Town of Innisfail 403-227-3376.
Dinner of Diamonds
October 21, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Halloween at the Village
October 21, 2017 @ 6:00 pm
October 23, 2017 @ 7:00 pm
Check out our seasonal program guide for even more opportunities to participate and become involved in the Innisfail Community!