Are you interested in making Innisfail your career destination?
Keep checking our job board and Facebook page for updates and new opportunities because there is always something good on the horizon.
The Town of Innisfail is accepting applications for a full time Administrative Assistant. This position is shared by the Public Works & Utilities Department and the Protective Services Department. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a diverse range of administrative functions required in support of the operations of each department. This includes such activities as preparing correspondence, records creation and filing, purchasing requisitions and invoice processing, budget reports, data entry and creating procedures and information materials.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides administrative support to designated staff in each department
- Responds to public inquiries, tracks complaints, and helps with public education awareness materials and events
- Assists with corporate health and safety initiatives, training, record keeping and policy and procedures
- Creates and maintains databases to assist with the tracking and management of key activities, department assets and service levels
- Gathers information and conducts research as required
- Diploma in Office or Business Administration or relevant equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong working knowledge of computers, current software applications (word processing, spreadsheets, data bases) as well as office equipment
- Above average attention to detail, good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Ability to successfully pass an RCMP Security Clearance
- Experience in a municipal work setting or an emergency response work setting would be an asset
A more detailed job description for this position is available upon request and on the Town’s website (www.innisfail.ca). The Town of Innisfail offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, June 6, 2016 to:
Town of Innisfail - Attn: Vanessa Connors
4943 – 53 Street Innisfail, Alberta T4G 1A1
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Part-Time Junior Life Guard
The Town of Innisfail invites applications for the part-time position of Jr. Lifeguard. As a member of the leadership team, this position is responsible for lifeguarding, instruction, and general operations of the Aquatic Centre.
The successful candidate will have the following certifications are required:
- Current Standard First and Aid and CPR C
- National Lifeguarding Service (NL) Award
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
The job description for this position is available upon request. The Town of Innisfail offers a competitive salary range starting at $16.21 per hour. The successful candidate must be will in to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts when required.
Forward Cover Letter and Resume to:
Town of Innisfail
Attention: Dawn Murray, Aquatics Supervisor
4943 – 53 Street
Innisfail, Alberta T4G 1A1
Summer Employment Opportunities
There are no Summer Employment Opportunities at this time. Please check back later.
Red Cross Babysitting Course
June 03, 2016 @ 9:00 am
Wild Rose Draft Horse Field & Pioneer Days
June 04, 2016 @ 12:00 am
Fort McMurray Silent Auction Fundraiser
June 04, 2016 @ 7:00 pm
Check out our seasonal program guide for even more opportunities to participate and become involved in the Innisfail Community!