Are you interested in making Innisfail your career destination?
Keep checking our job board and Facebook page for updates and new opportunities because there is always something good on the horizon.
Community Peace Officer
The Town of Innisfail is currently accepting applications for a full-time Community Peace Officer. Reporting to the Manager of Fire and Protective Services, you will assist in investigation and enforcement of various provincial statutes plus regulatory municipal bylaws of the Town of Innisfail. The position requires the ability to work directly with the RCMP, all town departments, community groups and citizens.
- Strong organization and time management;
- Possess strong working knowledge of computers and current software application;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills;
- Ability to work independent as well as a team;
- Enforcement of animal control bylaws.
- Diploma/certificate in a law enforcement related field and/or minimum of 3 years related experience;
- Meets Community Peace Officer Level 1 appointment requirements. These requirements are online and can be found under Section 5 of the Alberta Peace Officer Regulation AR312/2006;
- Must be able to obtain (and retain) a RCMP issued Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance;
- Knowledge of municipal bylaws and provincials acts and legislation;
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s license;
- Standard First Aid/CPR;
- Excellent communication, teamwork, problem solving and conflict resolution skills are essential.
NOTE: Preference will be given to those applicants who have experience working with various Alberta Provincial Statutes, Municipal Bylaws and other job specific training and experience such as radar/laser.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity please submit your cover letter and resume by 12:00 pm on Monday June 1, 2017 to:
The Town of Innisfail invites applications for the position of a Full Time Head Lifeguard. As a member of the leadership team, this position is responsible for lifeguarding, instruction, shift supervision and general operations of the aquatic centre.
The candidate must have a minimum of two years experience in an aquatics facility and the following certifications are required:
- National Lifeguarding Service (NLS) Award
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- Standard First Aid
Preference will be given to applicants with any of the following:
- Pool Operators Level 1 and 2
- National Lifeguard Service Award Instructor
- Water Safety Instructor Trainer
- Lifesaving Instructor and Instructor Trainer
This is a full time position, alternating full day and evening shifts base on season; the successful candidate must be able to work early morning, days, evenings and weekends. A complete job description is available upon request. The hourly rate of pay starts at $21.17 along with a comprehensive benefit package. The job description and duties can be emailed upon request.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Forward Cover Letter and Resume to:
Attention: Dawn Murray
Aquatic Supervisor 4943 – 53 Street Innisfail, Alberta T4G 1A1 Phone: 403-227-2924 ext 3 Fax: 403-227-3571 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For volunteer opportunities in Innisfail, check out the Innisfail Volunteer Connection.
May 27, 2017 @ 12:00 am
Vintage Vehicle Show
May 27, 2017 @ 8:00 am
May 27, 2017 @ 10:30 am
Check out our seasonal program guide for even more opportunities to participate and become involved in the Innisfail Community!