- Posted 10 February 2014
The Town’s priorities for clearing snow are shown on the attached map: Click here.
Priority 1 routes (marked as red) are the major roads linking to highways and key facilities such as the hospital and fire department. It includes:
Priority 2 routes (marked as yellow) are the main roads or collector roads into the neighbourhoods. It includes:
Priority 3 roads are all remaining local roads. Lanes and alleys are assigned as Priority 4 (not shown on map) and are cleared after all other priority routes have been cleared. Special conditions such as when a storm hits may change priority.
Snow removal takes place in two large phases. The first phase is to open travel lanes to allow vehicles to move about the town. This goes in the order of the priorities shown on the map. The second phase involves removal of windrows and loading out piles of snow. Windrows across driveways will be cleared as quickly as possible.
Our Public Works staff work hard to ensure that roadways are kept accessible to all residents throughout the winter season.
How you can help:
- During periods of heavy snowfall or other extreme weather conditions, please have patience as crews work to get to your area as quickly as possible.
- Please stay back and give road clearing equipment space to work.
- Please give oncoming road clearing equipment the right of way.
- If you live on a Priority 1 or a Priority 2 route, please move your vehicles off the street when heavy snow is forecast or falling so snow removal equipment can move through as quick as possible.
- Watch for advance notice signs which may be put out prior to snow removal on your street and move vehicles out of the way. (Please note that vehicles in the way of snow removal operations where advance notice signs have been set out will be towed)
Public Works is committed to providing cost-effective, efficient snow removal and ice control. Your cooperation and patience regarding snow removal is encouraged and much appreciated by the Town and your fellow citizens.
January 22, 2018 @ 7:00 pm
2nd Annual Family Literacy Festival
January 27, 2018 @ 11:00 am
Winter Car Care Clinic 2018
January 27, 2018 @ 1:30 pm
Check out our seasonal program guide for even more opportunities to participate and become involved in the Innisfail Community!