Here's a look at highlights from last night's Town Council meeting. Please note these are not minutes.

RV Dump Station Update 

Administration provided an update on the operation of the Town’s new RV Sanitary Dump Station, which opened May 19, 2017. Since then, the station has seen an average of 141 users on long weekends, and 62 users on other regular weekends. 

Around $4,235 in revenue has been collected from 847 customers, with 70 per cent of users paying by credit card and the remaining 30 per cent using tokens. A video surveillance system for the facility has been ordered and will be installed in the next several weeks. 

Banking Services Proposal 

Council agreed to enter into a five-year banking services agreement with Servus Credit Union. Five proposals were received in response to a request for proposals issued in late-April and ranked according to a set of criteria. Servus scored the highest with 80/100, and was subsequently awarded the contract. 

Transportation Committee Policy 

Council adopted an updated/amended Transportation Committee Policy, which now sees a member of the public represented on the Town’s Transportation Committee. The member-at-large, which has not yet been appointed, will join representatives of the Town and the Innisfail Legion on the committee. 

The following new rates were approved for the Community Bus effective Sept. 1: (1) Local rate of $2/km or $45/hr, whichever is greater; (2) Non-local rate of $2.20/km or $45/hr, whichever is greater. The following new rates were approved for the Handi-Van: (1) In town one way - $5; (2) In town return - $10; (3) Red Deer, Sylvan Lake and Olds - $50. 

Administration advised that discussions to replace the current, outworn Handi-Van are continuing. 

Community Services Strategic Plan 

Council approved a strategic plan prepared by the Town’s Community Services Standing Committee. 

During 2017 budget deliberations, funds were allocated to update the 2010 Recreation and Open Space Master Plan. Upon further review of the 2010 document, Administration felt it would be best to address the outstanding items in the plan rather than proceed with the proposed update. 

Two stakeholder meetings were held, and input received was reviewed and considered throughout the planning process.


Recent News

Upcoming Events

Vintage Vehicle Show & Pancake Breakfast
May 26, 2018 @ 12:00 am
Ducks Unlimited Golf Tournament
May 26, 2018 @ 2:00 am
Asparagus Festival 2018
May 27, 2018 @ 10:00 am

Program Guide

Check out our seasonal program guide for even more opportunities to participate and become involved in the Innisfail Community!