An ‘Oilfield Support Rally’ scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 26 will see a convoy of trucks make its way along various roads in Innisfail before reaching Olds via the Queen Elizabeth II Highway.
The following is the scheduled route provided by the event organizer:
– At 10:30 a.m. the convoy will depart the Southwest Industrial Area and head north on Highway 54.
– The convoy will turn right at Lakewood Drive and head east past the golf course and ski hill.
– Prior to crossing the train tracks, the convoy will turn left onto the Truck Route.
– The convoy will continue east until arriving at Highway 2A, before turning right and heading south on Highway 2A parallel to the Queen Elizabeth II Highway.
– The convoy will proceed to the South Overpass, before travelling south on the Queen Elizabeth II Highway toward Olds.
Motorists are encouraged to exercise caution and be cognizant of their surroundings. Please direct event inquiries to the organizer at 403-556-0626.