Candidates seeking election are required to undertake the following steps:
1. Review the Town’s Candidate Nomination Package and complete all associated paperwork as required thereby. Forms referenced throughout the package may be downloaded from the Government of Alberta website.
2. Submit your completed paperwork to the Innisfail Town Office (4943 53 St.) during regular office hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. — except on stat holidays) between January 1, 2021 and September 17, 2021. Or, file your nomination paperwork on ‘Nomination Day’ at the Town Office on September 17, 2021 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 12 noon.
Candidates should also review the Town’s current Election Sign Policy before placing any campaign signage.
The election will be held October 18, 2021. Voting will take place at the polling station from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Innisfail will have one polling station: the Library Learning Centre Community Room (5300 55 St. Close). All voting will take place here.
Election candidates will be formally announced at the conclusion of the nomination period (on September 21, 2021). In the meantime, candidates may choose to conduct their own individual election campaigns. Residents are encouraged to follow up with each declared candidate for information on his/her respective platform.
Elections will be held for the respective roles of Mayor (one vacancy) and Town Councillor (six vacancies).
Results will be communicated once all votes have been counted and verified.
Voter Eligibility & Identification
You’re eligible to vote in the election if:
- You’re at least 18 years old;
- You’re a Canadian citizen;
- You’ve lived in Alberta for the six months immediately preceding Election Day; and
- You reside within the Town of Innisfail.
Prior to voting, voters must present a piece of personal identification displaying their name and current address. For a list of accepted documents, click here.
For more information on the election, please contact:
Town of Innisfail
4943 53 St., Innisfail, AB, T4G 1A1