The Town of Innisfail still has funding available for recreation, culture or sports programs/events through the Community Grant Program. This program provides funding for programs, special events or activities that enhance and enrich our community. Examples of events which may be eligible for support include tournaments, bonspiels, festivals, exhibits, or community cleanups.
The Community Services Standing Committee makes decisions based on local needs, community vision, approved budget and strategic goals.
Local organizations can access up to $2500, and applications are accepted year-round. Recipients of the Community Grant for 2023 so far are:
- The Innisfail Eagles – Allan Cup Championship Trip ($1500)
- Innisfail Fish and Game – Stocking fish in Dodds Lake ($1000)
- Innisfail Golf Club – 100th Anniversary Celebration Preparation ($1500)
- Innisfail Grinchmas – Community event ($1250)
- Innisfail Men’s Shed – Community bicycle repair clinic ($1000)
- Mountain View Lacrosse Provincials – Hosting Junior B Provincial Championships ($2000)
- Foothills Centennial Fiddlers – Free Olde Country Dance Afternoon ($900)
- Innisfail Art Club & Innisfail Welcoming and Inclusive Committee (IWICC) – Community Heart Crochet Project event ($600)
- Karen Scarlett Artist, IWICC & Henday Association – Mural painting in downtown Innisfail ($900)
For more information about this program and to access the application form, visit www.innisfail.ca/grants