Grants & Funding
The Town offers various grants and funding for community organizations, businesses and individuals who meet certain criteria. Take a look at the programs below to find out if you qualify.
Every year, the Town of Innisfail accepts applications from local organizations that provide initiatives & programs that address the social well being of residents in a preventive way.
These initiatives must do one of the following:
- Help people to develop independence, strengthen coping skills and become more resistant to crisis
- Help people to develop awareness of social needs
- Help people to develop interpersonal and group skills which enhance constructive relationships with others
- Help people and communities to assume responsibility for decisions and actions which affect them
- Provide supports that help sustain people as active participants
The Town of Innisfail appoints an FCSS Board whose mandate (Bylaw #1582-2015) is to identify community issues and needs, review FCSS Funding Applications and make recommendations to Town Council. The grant is allocated to support the community in providing preventive social services and programs in Innisfail.
- Download Final Measures Bank - Family & Community (excel)
- Download Final Measures Bank - Child & Youth (excel)
- Final Measures Bank - Instructions (word)
For more information, contact the Town of Innisfail Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) Department at 403-227-3376
Community Grant Program
How to Submit Your Application
Online: Email your application to [email protected] to the attention of Community Services Director
In Person: Attn: Community Services Director
Innisfail Town Office
4943 - 53 Street
Innisfail Alberta, T4G 1A1
Façade and Storefront Improvement Program
Your business may be eligible for funding through the Town's Façade and Storefront Improvement Program.
The Town can help you beautify your storefront to help attract new business.
You could receive up to $5,000 toward esthetic improvements to your storefront.
The Town’s Façade and Storefront Improvement Program is a financial assistance initiative aimed at helping business owners increase their street appeal through visual upgrades to their storefronts. Through the program, businesses meeting a Council-approved set of criteria may be eligible for a reimbursement of up to 50 per cent (to a maximum of $5,000) toward façade and storefront upgrades.
Sounds great! But is my business eligible? Should I apply?
Absolutely! If you’re planning on carrying out any of the following types of work to your business’s façade or storefront, read on for more information:
- Restoration of paint and other exterior finishes
- Repair/replacement of doors, windows and doorways
- Installation of awnings, canopies, sign bands and lighting
- Fitting of new architectural details (entranceways, base trim, cornices, corner accents, etc.)
- Addition of patio areas and landscaping elements
- Any other type of work that’s deemed to be in line with the program’s objectives!
Since its inception, the program has awarded tens of thousands of dollars to local businesses whose resulting upgrades have helped contribute to a healthy and vibrant commercial environment. The addition of characteristic features has also benefited shoppers, who now spend more time perusing all that the Town’s commercial sector has to offer.
Town staff are on hand to guide you through the application process, which begins by filling out a paper form at the Town Office. After that, a Review Committee looks at applications on a case-by-case basis, requesting additional information or revisions as needed.
To assist in the process, the Town also provides a limited number of referral appointments with a professional designer, who provides applicants with advice and recommendations.
All in all, the process couldn’t be any easier! Start yours today!
For further information about the program and its requirements, contact the Town Office at 403-227-3376.
Council & Committees
Drop N Shop 2018
December 15, 2018 @ 12:00 am
CenterPoint Church Night of Music
December 16, 2018 @ 6:00 pm
Art from the Heart
December 17, 2018 @ 10:30 am
Check out our seasonal program guide for even more opportunities to participate and become involved in the Innisfail Community!