Public Notices, upon the passing of Town of Innisfail Bylaw 1644-2020, are advertised on this page.
Current public notices are listed below.
North Area Structure Plan - Bylaw 1672-2021
An Area Structure Plan is a land use planning document that outlines how future development in an area is intended to proceed. The current Innisfail North Area Structure Plan is being updated to:
• include lands annexed in 2007;
• reflect changes since original adoption;
• provide general concepts for future land use, roadways, services, open space, and implementation.
A full copy of the plan is available for review by visiting the NASP WEBPAGE.
If you would like a paper copy of the plan, please contact the Town Office.
A public hearing to receive community input has been scheduled for Monday, June 14, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. virtually via Zoom or in-person at the Town of Innisfail Council Chambers (4943 – 53 Street, Innisfail AB).
For more information, please contact the undersigned at 403.227.3376 ext. 212 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice of Public Notice Bylaw No. 1644-2020
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PROPOSED PUBLIC NOTIFICATION BYLAW NO. 1644-2020
Bylaw No. 1644 PUBLIC NOTIFCATION BYLAW proposes to establish alternate methods for advertising statutory notices, pursuant to s. 606(1) of the Municipal Government Act. The Town’s official website will be the primary manner for the advertising of a bylaw, resolution, meeting, public hearing of other thing identified in s. 606. In addition to the Town’s website the following methods may also be utilized: newspaper, social media, direct mail, municipal notice boards, or other means approved by Council.
A copy of the proposed bylaw and related documents may be seen during regular hours (8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday) at the Town Office, 4943 – 53 Street. Or on the Town’s website at: www.innisfail.ca/public-notices
A Public Hearing regarding the proposed bylaw will be held Monday, August 10, 2020 at 1:00 pm in the Council Chambers of the Town Office at 4943 – 53 Street, Innisfail, AB. The style of the hearing will be informal and persons wishing to speak will be requested to state their name and address for the record upon being recognized by the Chairperson. If you are unable to attend you are welcome to forward any comments you have by Wednesday, August 5, 2020.
Further information on this proposed bylaw may be obtained by contacting:
Meghan Jenkins, Manager of Community Planning & Sustainability
Phone (403) 227-3376 ext 212 Fax (403) 227 – 4045
Municipal Government Act Section 606
Requirements for advertising 606
(1) The requirements of this section apply when this or another enactment requires a bylaw, resolution, meeting, public hearing or something else to be advertised by a municipality, unless this or another enactment specifies otherwise.
(2) Notice of the bylaw, resolution, meeting, public hearing or other thing must be
(a) published at least once a week for 2 consecutive weeks in at least one newspaper or other publication circulating in the area to which the proposed bylaw, resolution or other thing relates, or in which the meeting or hearing is to be held,
(b) mailed or delivered to every residence in the area to which the proposed bylaw, resolution or other thing relates, or in which the meeting or hearing is to be held, or
(c) given by a method provided for in a bylaw under section 606.1.
(3) A notice of a proposed bylaw must be advertised under subsection (2) before second reading.
(4) A notice of a proposed resolution must be advertised under subsection (2) before it is voted on by council.
(5) A notice of a meeting, public hearing or other thing must be advertised under subsection (2) at least 5 days before the meeting, public hearing or thing occurs.
(6) A notice must contain
(a) a statement of the general purpose of the proposed bylaw, resolution, meeting, public hearing or other thing,
(b) the address where a copy of the proposed bylaw, resolution or other thing, and any document relating to it or to the meeting or public hearing may be inspected,
(c) in the case of a bylaw or resolution, an outline of the procedure to be followed by anyone wishing to file a petition in respect of it, and (d) in the case of a meeting or public hearing, the date, time and place where it will be held.
(7) A certificate of a designated officer certifying that something has been advertised in accordance with this section is proof, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, of the matters set out in the certificate.
(8) The certificate is admissible in evidence without proof of the appointment or signature of the person who signed the certificate.
Advertisement bylaw 606.1
(1) A council may by bylaw provide for one or more methods, which may include electronic means, for advertising proposed bylaws, resolutions, meetings, public hearings and other things referred to in section 606.
(2) Before making a bylaw under subsection (1), council must be satisfied that the method the bylaw would provide for is likely to bring proposed bylaws, resolutions, meetings, public hearings and other things advertised by that method to the attention of substantially all residents in the area to which the bylaw, resolution or other thing relates or in which the meeting or hearing is to be held.
(3) Council must conduct a public hearing before making a bylaw under subsection (1).
(4) A notice of a bylaw proposed to be made under subsection (1) must be advertised in a manner described in section 606(2)(a) or (b) or by a method provided for in a bylaw made under this section.
(5) A notice of a bylaw proposed to be made under subsection (1) must contain
(a) a statement of the general purpose of the proposed bylaw,
(b) the address or website where a copy of the proposed bylaw may be examined, and
(c) an outline of the procedure to be followed by anyone wishing to file a petition in respect of the proposed bylaw.
(6) A bylaw passed under this section must be made available for public inspection.
Courtesy Province of Alberta, Municipal Government Act, © Alberta Queen’s Printer, 2017.*