The Town of Innisfail has made a significant investment in the town’s recreation and culture facilities and are proud to announce the recent opening of a progressively designed skatepark, completed in the Fall of 2019. The skatepark structure is complemented by a beautiful green space due to be completed in the Summer of 2020.
The Town enlisted the services of New Line Skateparks, an award-winning designer of skatepark complexes, and one of Canada’s most experienced service provider of large-scale municipal skatepark construction.
The skatepark is located at 42 Street and 51 Avenue, near the aquatic centre, spray park, ball diamonds and the public-school campus.
Innisfail Skatepark Features
This park is sure to be a top recreation facility in central Alberta. The overall concrete footprint of the park is over 11,100 sq.ft. with numerous traditional street elements, including:
• a world-class bowl with signature tile in the deep-end
• a handrail
• hubba and flat bars
The park also boasts the only known bump-to-bar integrated into a public skatepark in Canada.
Intentional to it’s design is the park’s ability to host programming, events, lessons, competitions and demonstrations. The new Innisfail Skatepark is a must-stop for riders of all abilities exploring Alberta’s vast network of modern skateparks.
Innisfail Skatepark COVID-19 Public Use Directive
General Directive and Intent:
- To open the skateboard park to patrons while maintaining within the guidelines set out by the province of Alberta and Alberta Health Services.
- All patrons must maintain physical distancing of 2 meters (6 feet) of each other.
- Must not gather in groups larger than 15 while maintaining the physical distancing of 2 meters (6 Feet)
- Post signs helmet and safety equipment use recommended.
- Remove or move snow fence back at least six feet from edge of skatepark to allow for physical distancing.
- Remove picnic benches to prevent gatherings and promote physical distancing.
- Wearing a face mask is recommended by Alberta Health Services if the 2 meter (6 feet) physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Wear gloves and avoid touching high touch areas (handrails).
- No more than 15 people using the skate park at one time.
- Must not share drinking containers or food. NO GLASS containers in skatepark.
- Bowl and skate area to be clear of debris to prevent incidents.
- It is essential that if any patron who is feeling unwell or has signs and symptoms of Covid-19 do not attend the skateboard park.
Individual Actions and Precautions:
- Caution should be taken around common touch points, proper hand hygiene should be practiced.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Refrain from touching your face with unclean hands
- Carry and use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol content
- Wear a mask to help limit the spread to others if you will be within 2 meters (6 feet) of people other than members of your own household.
Innisfail Skatepark Sponsorship Package
This is an exciting opportunity to demonstrate your community support – we invite you to review the package (see link below) to see which sponsorship opportunity will provide you the most value and pride.
For more information please contact the Town of Innisfail at 403-227-3376 ext. 211 or complete the form on the last page of this package.
Community Events Calendar
View Innisfail’s community calendar for upcoming local events and programs.